Jessica Simpson Sent A Copy Of Her Book To Her Childhood Sex Abuser - EWB

Hollywood Celibrities News Entertainment Updates

Hot

Post Top Ad

Thursday 30 July 2020

Jessica Simpson Sent A Copy Of Her Book To Her Childhood Sex Abuser

Jessica Simpson revealed a great many personal truths in her memoir Open Book earlier this year, but probably none required more bravery than opening up about the sexual abuse she suffered as a child.

She wrote:

“[It happened] when I shared a bed with the daughter of a family friend. It would start with tickling my back and then go into things that were extremely uncomfortable… I lay between them, fiercely protecting my sister from this monster. I didn’t want her to feel as disgusting as I felt… I never let her near Ashlee, but I also never screamed or told her to stop.”

Well she didn’t face her past only it when it came time to write the book. She did it for real first.

Photo: Jessica Simpson Digs Out Jeans From Her 20s — And They Still Fit

On Wednesday the Dukes of Hazzard star told Katherine Schwarzenegger on her Gift Of Forgiveness podcast on Wednesday she “confronted” the woman about it some time ago:

“I would say about eight years ago I confronted her. I went to her and I just said, ‘I know you know what was going on and I know that you were being abused,’ ’cause she was being abused by an older guy. And basically, and he was always there at the house as well — he never touched me, but he would abuse her and then she would come to me and do the stuff to me — and so in so many ways I felt bad for her and I was allowing the abuse to happen.”

Wow. What did she say when she faced her like that??

“I told her in the moment, ‘I know that you have a lot to deal with’ and I told her that I think she should probably talk to someone and find a way to understand those moments and to forgive those moments and to heal from those moments. And [I said], ‘I just want you to know that I forgive you and I don’t really care to be around you that much or ever again, but I do want you to know that, like, I know what happened between us and I’m not gonna live in denial about it.'”

Wow. And we thought writing about it in a book was brave. This is… something else. We are just so impressed with her strength!

So what finally spurred her to seek this confrontation? She explained it was in her “soul-searching” period after her divorce from Nick Lachey:

“I was just in that place where I was celibate, and I was, like, on this journey to explore myself, and I knew that I couldn’t move forward without letting her know that. I wasn’t just gonna leave it unsaid. I left it unsaid for far too long, but I knew that if I was honest with her, that it would clear my conscience.”

Jessica didn’t just make that gesture of closure, she also sent an olive branch of a sort. She revealed:

“And I even sent her the book and I told her that I hope it brings healing.”

That is really big of her.

Seriously, bravo to Jessica for this. We are just so impressed with her courage!

[Image via Jessica Simpson/Instagram.]

The post Jessica Simpson Sent A Copy Of Her Book To Her Childhood Sex Abuser appeared first on Perez Hilton.



from Perez Hilton https://ift.tt/2XazHf0
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Copyright © 2019 Tech Location BD. All Right Reserved